Get a Quote For Your Project
Retaining Wall Construction
The Retaining wall is a structure that’s designed to hold soil in place and prevent erosion. There are several materials and styles to choose from when building a retaining wall, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Concrete: Concrete retaining walls are durable and long-lasting, making them a popular choice for retaining walls. They can be poured on-site or precast and can be finished with a variety of textures and colors.
- Brick: Brick retaining walls are an attractive option that can add a classic look to your landscape. They are also durable, but may not be as strong as concrete.
- Stone: Natural stone is a popular choice for retaining walls because it is both strong and aesthetically pleasing. It is available in a variety of colors and textures, including limestone, sandstone, and granite.
- Wood: Wood retaining walls are a popular choice for their natural look and easy installation. They are also an affordable option. However, they may not last as long as other materials and can be prone to rotting.
Retaining Walls Come In Many Forms
- Gravity walls: These walls rely on their weight to resist the pressure of the soil behind them. They are typically made of concrete or stone and are ideal for shorter walls.
- Cantilever walls: These walls have a concrete base and a horizontal base that extends back into the soil. They can support taller walls and are often used in commercial construction.
- Sheet pile walls: These walls are made of interlocking steel sheets that are driven into the ground. They are ideal for soil conditions where excavation is difficult or impossible.
- Anchored walls: These walls use anchors, such as steel cables or tiebacks, to provide additional support. They are often used in areas where the soil is unstable or there is a lot of lateral pressure on the wall.
When choosing a material and style for your retaining wall, consider the height of the wall, the soil conditions, and your budget.
Professional Retaining Wall Builder
Consulting with a professional Colorado Springs excavating company can help ensure that your retaining wall is safe and effective, looks great, and really compliments your existing landscaping.
Give Yellow Iron Services a call today – we’ll give you an accurate and fair estimate for the retaining wall you need!