Choose Yellow Iron Services for expert Basement Excavation – and all other residential and commercial excavation projects.
Get a Quote For Your Project
Yellow Iron Service is licensed and experienced in basement excavation. Whether you are expanding your current home or excavation for a new one, we are your Colorado Springs excavation company!
Excavating your basement is the process of removing soil and other materials from the ground to create a space below the level of the surrounding ground for a basement or other below-ground structure.
Here’s how basement excavation typically works:
- Site Analysis: Before excavation, a site analysis is conducted to determine the existing site conditions such as topography, soil composition, and groundwater level. The analysis helps to determine the best excavation method and any potential issues that may arise during the excavation process.
- Planning: Based on the site analysis, a plan is developed that identifies the areas to be excavated, the depth of excavation, and the final elevation of the basement floor. The plan also includes details about the materials to be removed, such as soil, rocks, and other debris.
- Excavation: Excavation is the process of removing soil and other materials from the site. This is done using heavy equipment such as excavators, bulldozers, or backhoes. The excavation process may involve shoring up the excavation walls to prevent collapse, and dewatering the area to prevent groundwater from seeping in.
- Foundation: Once the excavation is complete, the foundation is constructed. This may involve pouring a concrete slab or building walls from concrete or masonry blocks.
- Drainage: Proper drainage is essential to prevent water from seeping into the basement. Drainage systems, such as weeping tiles, are installed around the perimeter of the foundation to collect and redirect groundwater away from the basement.
- Backfilling: Backfilling is the process of refilling the excavation with soil and other materials that were removed during the excavation process. This helps to stabilize the foundation and prevent settling.
Basement excavation is a complex process that requires careful planning and execution. It is important to hire experienced professionals to ensure that the excavation is done correctly and meets all regulatory requirements.